- Lawrence Goldfarb (Larry Goldfarb) shares his Beet Salad Recipe
- In this colorful Beet salad dish, sweet beets are zipped up with lime, yogurt, and garlic. If you only have Greek yogurt on hand, thin it down with a little water or milk; you’re looking for a sauce that’s thin enough to drizzle. You can use any kind of beets here. Red and candy cane beets are sweeter than yellow beets, but all work wonderfully well. Or use a combination for the most stunning presentation imaginable.
Lawrence Goldfarb (Larry Goldfarb) Beet Salad Notes
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour
- Remove any greens and scrub the beets under warm water.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the pressure cooker pot. Insert the steamer basket and put the 6 beets in the basket. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Release the pressure manually. Test the beets by piercing them with a fork; they should be tender. If not, cook on high pressure again for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the zest off the lime and reserve it; then cut the lime into wedges.
- When the beets are tender, transfer them to a large bowl and let them cool until you’re comfortable handling them. Working quickly, skin the beets while they are still warm (they are harder to peel after they’ve entirely cooled down). You can use a paring knife to skin them, or rub the skins off with a paper towel.
- Cut the peeled beets into slices or wedges, and arrange them on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil, and then squeeze some of the fresh lime juice over them.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, garlic, and reserved lime zest. Drizzle the dressing over the beet salad and top with the dill, flaky sea salt, and lots of black pepper.